Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Funny Little Woman

Another folk tale, this one retold by Arlene Mosel and Blair Lent, gave us a very rich story with lots of fun components. I noticed the girls tended to give the same answers for their journals when we they filled them out at the same time. For this book, I separated when it was journal time and got better responses.

PhotobucketPhotobucketRachel focused on the middle and the climax of the story.
Main character: The funny little woman.
Setting: Monsters' houes (houses)
Here's what happened: She had to macke (make) dumplelngs (dumplings) for the monsters.
My favorite part: When the monsters dranck (drank) the sea water.

PhotobucketPhotobucket








Audrey preferred the beginning of the story, and drew a mountain of dumplings on the woman's table. She wanted me to know they weren't in the story but would "look good as a decoration."

Main character: The little woman
Setting: Japan
What happened: There was a hole. It got bigger. The woman fell in the hole. She chased her dumpling.
My favorite part: When the hole got bigger and she said, "My dumpling! My dumpling!"

No comments:

Post a Comment